What are the steps to launching my Reg CF campaign?
Steps to Launching Your Regulation Crowdfunding Campaign
- Create a StartEngine account
Go to startengine.com/signup or startengine.com/login if you already have an account. Then click "Start" to begin building your campaign. You must fill out the different tabs.
- Fill out all of the onboarding tabs
StartEngine makes it easy for you to create the document required to file with the SEC. By entering all of the fields in the onboarding tabs, you are filling out all of the required information not just to pass StartEngine's due diligence, but to populate the SEC approved Offering Document
- Basics: Nothing difficult, just upload a background image, logo and fill out the fields about your company.
- Story: This is the campaign editor and you can build great looking pages.
- Team: Enter each founder, officer and top team members photo and bio.
- Press: Enter the main press articles.
- Timeline: Enter each milestone from the inception to future important milestones.
- Legal: Enter the legal information about the company.
- Financial: Enter the financial details.
- Terms: Enter the terms of the offering.
- Submit for Due Diligence
Our due diligence team works hard to provide feedback within 48 hours from when you submit your campaign.
- Make the recommended changes by due diligence
Remember, you are filing with the SEC and therefore should expect a couple comments back and forth to make sure everything is correct and compliant.
- StartEngine Files your Form C and sign the final agreements
Once approved by due diligence, StartEngine will file the Form C for you. Be patient as filing with the SEC EDGAR site can take a couple of hours. In order to go live, you must sign a couple of agreements in order to set up your escrow account (review the agreement and email firstname.lastname@example.org for signature agreements), set up the technology, and our StartEngine Posting Agreement.
- StartEngine pushes you live!
Once your Form C has been filed and your team has signed all of the appropriate agreements, we can push you live!
Need HELP? Join the next How to Get Started with StartEngine webinar for advice building a campaign and getting up and running.
Note: If you are raising more than $107,000, hire a Certified Public Accountant to perform a financial review. The review must be for the shorter of the two most recently completed fiscal years or the period since your company's inception. If you would like to postpone the review, you can start with a maximum raise of $107,000 and increase your maximum later. In this case you do not need to hire a CPA. Once you exceed $107,000 in investments, you can request us to file (for free) an amendment to increase the maximum raise. If you would like us to refer you to a CPA, please email email@example.com.
If you are raising over $107,000, the rules require that you have an attorney review your offering.