What can StartEngine do to market my raise?
Campaign Marketing Guidelines
Here’s how your company gets introduced to our audience.
Every day StartEngine communicates with our hundreds of thousands of users, many of whom are active investors. By raising on StartEngine, your company’s campaign will be provided ongoing exposure to this pre-existing audience. Nice!
Our goal is to direct eyeballs to your StartEngine campaign. This is different than advertising your offering and different than advertising your product. Creative for all promotions is meant to inspire click-throughs to StartEngine campaigns, not to close the deal, per se.
Therefore, it’s critical that you plan and execute your own marketing strategies as well.
- No campaign will receive any more opportunity for promotion than another.
StartEngine does not curate; we want all companies on the site to have an equally positive experience.
- All creative content for promotions is at StartEngine's discretion.
We know the nuances of our website and the behaviors of our community best.
- Marketing Promotions are subject to change at any time.
As more and more companies make the leap to equity crowdfunding, promotions will scale simultaneously
Campaign Marketing Promotions are intended for all StartEngine users and investors depending on their opt-in preferences. Some promotions are sent to the entire audience at once. Others are uniquely customized for audience members with equal distribution across campaigns. That is to say—one user might receive an email featuring your campaign, and her next door neighbor might receive a promotion for a different campaign. Custom promotions are based on previous user behavior - this means you might not receive an email featuring your campaign.
You know the drill. StartEngine tracks the behavior of its users onsite. We analyze where they click, when they click, and what they invest in. This data is paired with data from email marketing campaigns to create custom experiences for users.
Custom promotions can help your campaign reach the eyes of interested parties more quickly, and with more targeted accuracy. Our machine learning algorithm may suppose, for example, that one user is interested in a certain industry (electric) based on previous behavior, and serve that user more electric-like campaigns. This is good! Robots are good!
- 10% Launch Email
When you launch, your company’s campaign will be featured in an email blast to our most active investors, StartEngine shareholders. This email will be advertising a 10% bonus in your offering to the investors that have the StartEngine Owner's Bonus.
- Automated Ongoing Emails
At the moment your campaign surpasses $45,000 in funds committed, it enters our custom promotion queue and also makes you eligible for inclusion in the Investor Newsletter (more on that below). Automated emails featuring your campaign will be uniquely targeted to users across the world by our machine learning algorithm for the duration of your campaign. When you first cross $45,000 in funding, the next Thursday you will be featured as a "Recently Launched" company to our entire community, along with two more companies that most recently reached $45,000 in funding.
Then in an ongoing basis, you will be included in that email in the "Recommended For You" section, which features three companies recommended to investors by our machine learning algorithm.
- Milestone Emails ($100K, $200K, $300K, $500K, $800K, $1M)
When your campaign reaches significant thresholds, we’ll announce it to our community via an email for an added boost. If you reach two thresholds in the same week, we will announce the greater of the two thresholds.
- ○ 100K, 200K & 300K
Combined email featuring companies that hit above milestones
- When you reach $500,000, we will feature you alongside one other company that recently raised $500,000 in an email to our audience.
When you reach $800,000 in funding, you receive a standalone email to our entire audience!
- ○ 100K, 200K & 300K
- Homepage placement
Campaigns are qualified to be featured on the StartEngine homepage when they meet certain criteria.
- Most Momentum — Features the three live campaigns that have raised the most money within the trailing 7 days.
- Most Popular — Features the three live campaigns that have raised the most money.
- New — Features the three newest campaigns over $45K.
- Closing Soon — Features the three campaigns closest to closing.
- StartEngine Investor Newsletter
StartEngine sends a weekly investor newsletter to its user base. You may be promoted in this email if you post an update on your campaign page in the previous seven days that fits the following criteria. All criteria are objective, and unbiased. Companies that post updates that meet the criteria are selected at random. Criteria includes:
- Business Developments
- Information about the financial development of your company (e.g. sales development and turnover) as well as customer updates (e.g. the number of customers or new customers) or product updates about your business (e.g. new features or development milestones)
- New Funding
- Financing provided by other market participants, such as business angels, venture capitalists, or the government
- Information about a press article that covers the business or founder.
- Business Developments
This is what we do for you. Any successful raise requires your own marketing efforts in collaboration with our efforts. Need help marketing your offering beyond StartEngine’s community? Email email@example.com to inquire about our Promote Services.