Can I sell my shares?
Once the live offering has closed, you may choose how to handle your shares. Investors will be introduced to the company’s selected transfer agent, or cap table management service, who will be responsible for the transfer of your shares after the close of the offering.
There is not currently an established secondary market for shares of private companies. This just means that you would need to identify the buyer or recipient of the shares yourself and make the arrangements. We can then provide you with the documents that are needed to update the company's cap table (if StartEngine is the transfer agent).
Please note, StartEngine is not able to assist in identifying a buyer for your shares.
The shares sold during Reg A+ campaigns are unrestricted and may freely be sold or gifted after purchase.
You are generally restricted from reselling your shares purchased via a Reg CF campaign for a one year period after they were issued, unless the shares are transferred:
- to the company that issued the securities;
- to an accredited investor;
- to a family member (defined as a child, stepchild, grandchild, parent, stepparent, grandparent, spouse or spousal equivalent, sibling, mother-in-law, father-in-law, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, brother-in-law, or sister-in-law, including adoptive relationships.);
- in connection with your death or divorce or other similar circumstance;
- to a trust controlled by you or a trust created for the benefit of a family member; as part of an offering registered with the SEC.